a charity supporting parents & carers of challenging children
HELPP Help Education and Learning for Parents by Parents accepts no liability for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided in this web-site. We are not medical professionals and we are not giving any medical or professional advice or service through the publication or distribution of articles or comments on this web-site. Individuals with suspected or diagnosed disorders or syndromes, or any conditions discussed on this web-site should consult with a qualified professional for advice concerning diagnosis and treatment. HELPP is a Registered Charity, No: 1139691. HELPP is a Private Limited Company, No: 7434496. Copyright 2014 KieronDSmith all rights reserved. Revised: 29 October 2014
Please also see these pages
Oppositional Defiant Disorder
A pattern of negativistic, hostile, and defiant behaviour lasting at least 6 months, during which at least four of the following are present:
- Often loses temper.
- Often argues with adults.
- Often actively defies or refuses to comply with adults requests or rules.
- Often deliberately annoys people.
- Often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehaviour.
- Is often touchy or easily annoyed by others.
- Is often angry and resentful.
- Is often spiteful or vindictive.
Consider a criterion met only if:
- The behaviour occurs more frequently than is typically observed in individuals of comparable age and developmental level.
- The disturbance in behaviour causes significant impairment in social, academic, or occupational functioning.
- The behaviours do not occur exclusively during the course of a psychotic or mood disorder.
- Criteria are not met for conduct disorder or antisocial personality disorder if the individual is age 18 years or older.